Saturday, May 07, 2005


As the day wore on the water got rougher and rougher. It was real choppy, with 3 or 4 foot high waves. I know that doesn't sound like much but in a 40 ft. boat that is pretty rough. Also, the wind kept switching directions and we swung around on the anchor, so we ended up parallel to the waves at times which really made the boat move. It also started raining. I went in the cabin to get a drink...and that is when everything went bad in a hurry. I got back outside and held on to something. The wind and rain felt good on my face. They had to hose off the deck near where I stood more than once. I'd be damned if I was going to lean over the side and risk going overboard in that rough water. The boat was bobbing about like a cork. It was a long three hours until the trip was over. But once on terra firma I did feel better.

No comments: