Monday, November 15, 2004

"Hero of Reality" Keeps Working, Writing.


NOB HILL--I have been waiting for VB Price to show up again at the Flying Star so I could name him an Icon of Nob Hill. Unfortunately, I haven't seen him in a while so that title is perhaps not all that appropriate. So I am giving him the title of "Hero of Reality." Why?

Because he always is aware that we create our own world...our own reality...and he has devoted his life to making us aware that this particular world we inhabit in ABQ is worth thinking about. How can we make it as livable as possible? VB Price acts like every one of us is able to know beauty and fulfillment, and he democratizes beauty every time he writes.

Is he depressed by the election? Who knows. Many of us have been through SO many fights in our lifetimes that life is no longer a rollercoaster. But Price has always stuck up for intelligence, conservation, beauty, and compassion. He writes for the Albuquerque Tribune. In his latest column he takes the Republicans to task for making hatred a "moral value."

I admit I have never met the man. But once I went up to him and embarrassed both him and myself by blurting out to him that he was "one of the good guys." But he is...and he always was.

No comments: