Friday, April 22, 2005

Time Collapsed In Front Of My Eyes


NOB HILL--There was this moment the other day when Time collapsed in front of my eyes. Everything I had ever wanted from boyhood onward, everything I would ever dream about, and everything in front of me...they came together in one instant.

I had turned from my work. MaryAnn was fixing supper in the kitchen. Looking at her...well, looking at her took me back to our first date, and how I fell in love with her the moment she walked in the door of the New Chinatown restaurant. How beautiful she is...inside and out.

2 comments:

NewMexiKen said...

Does she have any sisters?

Beth said...

found you by pushing
'next blog'and this post touched me
you're a sweet husband!

[or life partner, if you prefer, sorry but that wouldn't fit my haiku scheme]