The two guys doing the real barrel work that morning look pretty darn amused by the whole thing...probably due to a number of things.
- If the mayor had any sense he would have taken the weight ring off the bottom of the barrel before lifting it into the truck.
- If Councilman Cadigan had any sense he would have dressed like he had some.
- And where are their "Mayor Marty's Clean Team" vests? Everybody else, from city employees to prisoners doing community service, has to wear them.
The other feature of this publicity photo concerns who is not in the picture. For instance, where are:
- people from the trampled Village of Los Ranchos
- the rest of the City Council
- the judges and Army Corps of Engineers who went along with this
- the west side developers who contributed so heavily to his campaign