Sunday, January 30, 2005

First Pictures From This Afternoon's Blaze In Albuquerque

Yale & Kathryn SE--Rolling up on a fire is one of the scariest things ever. You never know what you are going to find. This fire was at La Vida Nueva Apartments. I thought that these were city-owned units, but apparently they are not. They are, nevertheless, low-income housing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary, wasn't it! These units are not city owned. However, they are mostly low-income folks. The entire complex has had its gas shut off, but not due to the fire. Apparently, after PNM arrived on the scene to shut off the gas in order to get the blaze under control, they discovered a gas leak in the portion of the pipes owned by the complex. Thus, they can't fix it. Until the owner of the complex gets the leak fixed, some 1000 people are homeless, as the entire complex's gas has been turned off. That means no heat or hot water. Yikes!