Tuesday, March 15, 2005

March Madness Grips City


NOB HILL--I know. I know. But this was only two days ago. The Artist Ken Saville and I were listening to the Lobo Women playing basketball...outside on the front lawn...in t-shirts. It takes me back to my boyhood days in northern Illinois, listening to the White Sox with my dad in the back yard on a Saturday afternoon...Billy Pierce, Virgil "Fireball" Trucks, Chico Carasquel, Nelly Fox, Sherm Lollar, and Jungle Jim Rivera.

The Motorola Ken and I are using is an older tube-type radio. It has a kind of "squeezy" sound. The dog "Baby" hangs around with us. She's no basketball fan, but she is a fan of Ken. Ken is wearing his lucky Sweet Sixteen shirt. It was lucky indeed.

I was no supporter of women's basketball until the men got so bad that we all bought season tickets to the women's team. Just to try it out. And there are differences...but most of them are good. Check out the Lobo women on TV this week. You might be surprised how much you enjoy them.

No comments: