Friday, September 17, 2004

Fridays We Eat Out

DOWNTOWN--Almost every Friday MaryAnn and I meet Mike and Carol for dinner at some restaurant. We have done this for about a year, and we must have been to 20 or 30 different places. It is one of the highlights of the week. We call each other about 4:30 and arrange to meet somewhere at 5:30. No fuss. No crowds that early. And we still have the evening to do whatever we want.

Tonight we went to the Sushi King. It's downtown near the everpopular meat warehouse, Tucano's. Now I didn't start eating fish as an adult until I met MaryAnn, about 4 years ago. Sometimes it made me sick...felt like stomach cramps. Anyway, I regard sushi as a real test of my pescadorial manhood. But after all, I am Scandinavian: we eat lots of fish.

Here is the story about tonights meal: I ordered Combo "A". It looked wonderful. It tasted great. I have no idea what it was. It didn't fill me up. It cost 9 bucks.

No comments: