Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thousands Cheer Kerry! Thousands!

PHIL CHACON PARK--Thousands of people waited 2 hours to hear what Senator John Kerry had to say late this afternoon. It was hot in the sun, but campaign volunteers passed through the crowd handing out water bottles. Almost everyone who spoke said this was the most important election of our lifetime. Now I was born in the spring of 1943. I went out by myself in 1948 passing out anti-Republican "Dewey Bucks" around our neighborhood in Rockford, Illinois. I was five. I have never voted for a Republican for President. But there was one Democrat that I didn't vote for either. Maybe I'll talk about that later.

At any rate, the Democrats are right: this is the most important election in my lifetime anyway. The reason is that we can make a difference this time. There is a REAL big difference between where GWB wants to continue taking this country and where Kerry wants to go. I, myself, cannot imagine that anyone who truly loves this country and ALL her people could lie to us, take money away from social security and give to the rich in tax breaks, refuse to stop the reintroduction of AK-47's in the general marketplace, put his personal faith before science and the health of the people he should be protecting. But I am not perfect. Maybe you have a different opinion. Register and vote!


No comments: