Wednesday, September 15, 2004

What size might that be?

NOB HILL--I have been taking these posted pictures with my camera phone. I just take the picture and email it back to my computer. It's a wonderful deal. (That is, unless there is a hidden charge that I don't know about). But I did miss one good shot yesterday.

A gray-haired guy who must have been about 60 years old was talking to a young woman in back of the Starbuck's here in Nob Hill. She was wearing the green apron of a Starbuck's employee. The sun was starting to go down. He was talking to her and holding something in front of him. I thought it might be a bird cage. It was hanging from his hands by a couple of thin steel straps. I couldn't tell what it was exactly, but the young woman looked a little dumbfounded. I never did get real close to them, but the angle changed and I was able to finally make out what the man was holding. It was a steel-wired bustier with what looked to be iron tits. It had hinges running up the front and he was holding it in an open position. The young lady seemed impressed but kept shaking her head from side to side. All I could hear her say was, "...but thanks for showing it to me."

I sure wish I could have taken a picture of that!


No comments: